QUESTIONS AND ANSWERSIf you have a question which isn't answered here, please contact me by clicking right here and filling out the form.
- What currency is used on the site?
- All prices on the website are New Zealand dollars. You can work out the price in other currencies at www.xe.com
- What is a Print Gocco?
- Print Gocco is the cleverest little home screen printing system which was invented in Japan in the late 1970s. Unfortunately Riso no longer manufacture Gocco machines or supplies, so its days are kind of numbered. If you want to learn more, check out the great site, Save Gocco, or the Gocco feature I was lucky to be a part of over at Share Some Candy.
- OK, then what is a Risograph?
- A Risograph comes from the same company as Print Gocco. It looks like a big ol' photocopier, but is more like a huge, industrial, mechanical Gocco. You load a drum of ink, a master is made on a mesh screen, and the ink is pressed through the screen onto the paper. Like screen printing, you can only do one colour at a time. The Risograph uses soy inks, the colours are lush, and it is a pretty awesome machine!
- Is Katydid kind to the environment?
- I try to be! Where ever possible I use recycled or recyclable packaging to send out orders. Katydid cards are printed on 100% recycled card, NZ made kraft card, and 100% tree free card. The envelopes that come with Katydid cards are made from unbleached kraft paper, which is typically 50% recycled and the virgin portion mainly comes from sawdust pulp reclaimed from sawmills. Vegetable inks are used in printing the envelopes.
- I'm buying some pressies, will you wrap them?
Sure will! Gift wrapping is complimentary, so I'll pretty up any presents with things like bakery twine, washi tape, brown paper, etc. Wrapping doesn't include any form of card or tags, but there are plenty for sale in the Emporium. To request wrapping, click on "Add Gift Options" when you are on the final "Review Your Payment" page in Paypal. Then just select "Gift Wrapping". If you're purchasing more than one item, I'll probably be in touch to confirm what needs wrapping, or you could let me know popping a note in "Add Special Instructions to Merchant" on the "Review Your Payment" page.
- What's the Story with the free shipping options?
If you live in New Zealand and buy any greeting cards from the Emporium, they will be posted to you for zero dollars. If you live in New Zealand and you spend over $75 in one transaction in the Emporium, your order will be couriered for no charge. Just enter FREESHIP in the discount area when you checkout. Easy eh!
- What forms of payment do you accept?
Katydid Paper Goods gladly accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or regular account payments all through PayPal.
- How secure is this store?
This store uses PayPal for payments, and PayPal automatically encrypts your confidential information in transit from your computer to ours using the Secure Sockets Layer protocol (SSL) with an encryption key length of 128-bits (the highest level commercially available).
- Do I need a PayPal account to purchase from this store?
No, you don't have to have a PayPal account to purchase from this store, you can just use a credit card. But if you do have a PayPal account you can use it.
- What are some of your favourite words to write on your calculator?
There are so many - I was pleasantly surprised when I cheated and looked some up. Some of my faves are:
beegees - 5336338
boobs - 58008
boogie - 316008
booze - 32008
giggle - 376616
goose - 35006
illegible - 378163771
shizzle - 3722145